Subject: Supply Chain Disruption notification
From: "Giga, Lelde" <[email-masked]>
To: "TA Info" <[email-masked]>, "Meditsiiniseadmed \(Medical Devices\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2024 16:29:02 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Good afternoon,

I'm not sure if I'm writing to the right addressee, if I need to write to
someone else I'd really appreciate help with contact information.

I would like to clarify some questions that have arisen due to the
upcoming changes in the regulatory acts that regulate the reporting of
interruptions in the supply of medical devices (art. 10a, Regulation
2024/1086).

I am aware that general guidelines are being developed on cases where
reporting is mandatory, etc. I wanted to ask what is your vision for the
introduction of regulation in Estonia? Will it be implemented exactly the
same as certain general principles in the EU, or will a more specific
arrangement be made for Estonia? Will these criteria, in which cases a
report is required, remain unchanged in the Estonian situation:

- to limit scope to discontinuations of devices transitioning to the MDR
(lack of MDR compliance)

- notification based list of devices published by the European Commission

- notification not required if a successor/replacement device is available

- notification only if expected interruption exceeds 90 days.

Thank you very much for your reply in advance!

Best regards,

Lelde Ģiga
Market Access and Governmental Affairs Manager Baltics

Medtronic
Baltic Representative Office
M. Nometnu 31-311 | Riga, LV-1002 | Latvia

Mobile +371 28710644
 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]
 <https://www.medtronic.com/us-en/index.html> medtronic.com  |
<https://www.facebook.com/Medtronic> Facebook  |
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/medtronic> LinkedIn  |
<https://twitter.com/Medtronic> Twitter  |
<https://www.youtube.com/user/MedtronicCorp> YouTube

 <https://www.medtronic.com/us-en/index.html>

[CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY NOTICE] Information transmitted by this email
is proprietary to Medtronic and is intended for use only by the individual
or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
private, privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that
this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, you are
notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any manner
is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please delete this mail from your
records. To view this notice in other languages you can either select the
following link or manually copy and paste the link into the address bar of
a web browser: http://emaildisclaimer.medtronic.com